Wyoming

Prince Philip ‘considered’ suing Netflix over ‘The Crown | Entertainment

Prince Philip was reportedly “considering” suing Netflix over an episode of The Crown.

The king, who was married to the late Queen Elizabeth from 1947 until his death aged 99 in 2021, was reportedly considering taking the team behind the biographical series to court when he was “very upset”. and the royal law firm consulted Farrer and co when he was blamed for the death of his sister Princess Cecilie in one episode.

Hugo Vickers, a royal historian and author, said: “I know that Prince Philip consulted his lawyer to ask, ‘What can I do about this?’ He was very upset with the way that was portrayed. He was human. He could get hurt like anyone else. [Philip] wasn’t dissatisfied when I set the record straight.”

The episode in question was titled “Paterfamilias” and is in the second season of the Netflix show about a 16-year-old Philip being banned from spending his half-term vacation in Germany with Cecilie after he settles in misbehaved at school.

The pregnant Cecile was seen telling Philip that because of his behavior she would have to fly to London to attend a wedding, but was later killed in the plane crash.

In the episode – which didn’t include a fictional disclaimer – her father, Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark, tells viewers: “I’m surprised he dares to show himself here. Without Philip and his lack of discipline, she would never have taken that flight. It’s true, isn’t it, boy? You are the reason we are all here to bury my favorite child. Get him out of here.”

However, the royal expert then claimed the Duke of Edinburgh eventually decided not to take legal action in order to live up to his wife’s royal mantra of “never complain, never explain”.

A friend of the late king also recalled that the duke had been “upset” with the way he was portrayed on screen.

The friend said: “I remember sitting next to the Duke of Edinburgh at a dinner and he was so upset about it and what it was [‘The Crown’] said about him.”

Meanwhile, a close friend of William, Prince of Wales – who became heir to the throne after the death of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth in September and his father King Charles took over as head of state – claimed that the king found the drama series to be “damaging.” ‘ now that it’s getting closer to the present day in its timeline.

The friend told the Sunday Times: “He’s spoken about it and now that it’s getting closer to the present he’s particularly concerned about it. William thinks it’s harmful. The royal family knows a lot of this is nonsense, but it’s really hard and hurtful.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button