The Boston Celtics (12-3) are carrying an eight-game winning streak into an away game against the New Orleans Pelicans (9-6), winners of three straight games. It begins Friday, November 18, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. ET (on BSNO and NBCS-BOS).
The Celtics are a 2.5 point favorite against the Pelicans when Celtics and Pelicans enter the court. Matchup total score is fixed at 227.
Celtics vs Pelicans betting odds
Odds provided by Tipico sports betting; Access USA TODAY hub for sports scores and sports betting odds for a complete list.
- Spread: Boston -2.5
- In total: 227
- money line: Boston -135, New Orleans +115
OFFER: Claim your risk free bet up to $350. Get excited and start betting at Tipico Sportsbook! New customer offer in CO and NJ. 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Celtics at Pelicans odds, spreads and more
- Select ATS: Pelicans (+2.5)
- Select OE:
Pelicans 116 – Celts 115
- Boston has been favorites in 15 games this season and has won 12 times (80%) in those competitions.
- This year, Boston has won 11 of 13 games when listed on the moneyline at -135 or better.
- Sportsbook, with the moneyline set for this matchup, has indicated that Boston has a 57.4% chance of winning.
- New Orleans has been the underdog on the money line five times this season. NOLA finished those games 3-2.
- New Orleans has a record of 3-1 in games played as a moneyline underdog at odds of +115 or more (75%).
- Based on the moneyline of this matchup, New Orleans’ implied winning probability is 46.5%.
against the spread
- The Celtics’ record 120.4 points per game is 8.3 points ahead of the Pelicans’ 112.1.
- Boston is 6-5 against the spread and 9-2 overall if he scores more than 112.1 points.
- Boston has a 9-2 record when it posts more than 112.1 points.
- New Orleans is 8-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall when conceding under 120.4 points.
- New Orleans has a 9-2 record when giving up less than 120.4 points.
- The Pelicans’ 116.7 points per game is just 3.4 points more than the 113.3 the Celtics give to their opponents.
- If it scores more than 113.3 points, New Orleans is 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- If it scores more than 113.3 points, New Orleans is 6-4.
- Boston is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall when giving up less than 116.7 points.
- Boston is 7-1 if it concedes under 116.7 points.
- The Celtics top the NBA’s scoring charts (120.4 PPG), while the Pelicans concede the 13th fewest points per game (112.1) in the league.
- The New Orleans squad is currently the fifth-ranked scoring team in the NBA (116.7 PPG), while the Boston team is 15th in points allowed per game (113.3).
- The Celtics have outscored their opponents by a total of 107 points this season (averaging 7.1 points per game), and the Pelicans have 70 more points than their opponents this year (4.6 per game).
PLAY: Free daily sports pick’em competitions and prizes to be won. Play Now!
- Boston’s average implied point total this year is 0.3 points more than the implied total in Friday’s game (115.3 implied points on average versus 115 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Boston has surpassed 115 points ten times.
- The year’s average implied total for New Orleans (116.7) is 4.7 points more than the team’s implied total in that matchup (112).
Bet online legally with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and soon IA. Bet now!
How to watch Celtics vs Pelicans
- Gameday: Friday, 11/18/2022
- playing time: 5:30 p.m. ET
- TV channel: BSNO and NBCS-BOS
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Arena: Smoothie King Center
- TV channel: NBA League Pass
- Live broadcast: Watch on fuboTV!
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for viewer recommendations on betting services. Tipico has no control over, nor is such revenue in any way dependent on or connected to the newsrooms or reporting. General terms and conditions see Tipico.com. 21+ only. gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).